Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thing #166: Acrylic Paint

Thing #166: Acrylic Paint

True story: in 2006, I constructed a do-it-yourself Seattle Seahawks beer helmet to bring to a Super Bowl party. Needless to say, my friends were impressed. I built it using parts from a hardware store and a few additional supplies from a craft store. The helmet itself is long gone, but I found these leftover (2oz) acrylic paints:
  • 2 True Blue
  • 1 Metallic Sequin Black
  • 1 Spring Green
They've been in a storage bin ever since that classic game, so I decided to put out a "who wants these?" call on a major social network. To my mild surprise, multiple people offered to take them. I guess I have artsy friends! Becky was fastest, so she and Jeff get to paint something. Maybe their own beer helmet?

I threw in the brushes, too, because without paint I don't need brushes. I do art like once a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment