Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thing #210: Sportswriting Collection Books

Thing #210: Sportswriting Collection Books

The book pairings are going to be getting less and less thematic, I think, but each of these are collections of essays by different authors. About sports. Also, the covers have a very similar look, don't they?

Baseball Between the Numbers still had a receipt in it as a bookmark, so I must not have read all the way through it. It's a collection of Baseball Prospectus essays which attempt to investigate conventional wisdom in baseball through data analysis. I have a certain interest in modern baseball statistics and analysis, and I remember this being one of the very first books that advanced that interest.

The Best American Sports Writing 2000 was a gift. It's the kind of book I enjoy but will likely read only once in my life. Those are the easiest kinds of books to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment