Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thing #211: Expository Writing Books

Thing #211: Expository Writing Books

These two don't relate to each other except that I acquired each of them for the same freshman writing class in college.

The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers is something I am glad to get rid of, because I do not intend to write any more academic research papers.

Several papers I wrote for the class were about national security issues, and Preventive Defense was a book I bought to give myself some context on a subject I didn't know much about. I probably needed something more modern than the library had available, and I remember this being a helpful resource. This was all just before 9/11, by the way.

This concludes the set of ten books that I sold to a local used book store... for $1.50 cash. I'm rich!

The pile weighed 9.8 pounds. Looks like I can carry about ten pounds of books in a backpack while riding a bicycle. These are helpful things to know.

Anyway, that brings us to a total of 22 books, weighing 19.9 pounds. Just wait until I get rid of some of these big old textbooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment